Wednesday 6 June 2018

Apps I've been loving


Hey, thought I would update the blog! This post is going to be about some apps I've been liking recently, they're all kinda health apps but I thought it might be interesting to some. 


The first app I've been enjoying using is 'MyFitnessPal' which for those of you who don't know what it is, it's a calorie counter, food diary type of thing. I think I'm quite slow on getting this app because loads of people I know have mentioned or used this before, but I think it's really good to use because you get an estimate of how many calories and carbs you're having in a day and it just makes you mindful of what you're eating because you'll be putting the information into the app later, after that meal. You put your meals into the app either by searching for the food or scanning the barcode of a food product. I find that the app has most foods on there, I haven't had an issue with finding anything I've eaten as of yet. 

The app gives you a breakdown of what nutrients you have and a percentage of the overall carbs, fats and proteins you're having in a day- or you can also look at the week overview. I think this is quite handy and just interesting to know. 









The second app I've been using is 'Nike Training'. It gives you a fitness plan for the month, broken down into weeks. On certain days it will give you workouts with different exercises to do and recovery days in between (however, the plan isn't rigid, you're able to rearrange days you'd prefer to exercise to fit around your daily routine/lifestyle). After completing a workout, the app asks you how hard you felt you worked, (you slide the marker along a scale) and it also asks you where you worked out, for example, at home or at the gym. It logs all this information so that the more you workout, the more personalised your plans become as it is able to see what exercises you find more strenuous. 

The thing I most like about this app is that you are able to choose workout plans without equipment, meaning that you don't need weights etc, you're able to do these workouts at home. Although, there is an option for routines with equipment as well!






The best thing about both of these apps is that they're free! Although with the MyFitnessPal there is an option to buy the premium version which gives you more information about the nutrients your intaking etc., but I find the free version works well enough for me!

Hope this post was useful or interesting to some of you and let me know of any health apps that you like so that I can check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment