Tuesday 19 November 2013

Skin Saviour! (Tea tree oil)

Hey people! I know I haven't updated in a while and I definitely haven't done a "beauty" related post recently, so to start off I would just like to apologise for my lack of blogging (if any of you noticed).. I feel quite guilty, I guess I've just been really unmotivated and busy recently but I do want to start blogging a bit more often, even if I only started this blogging thing recently. I musn't get into bad habits..-anyways!

Tea tree oil..(I am a lil' slow on the bandwagon but..) where do I even start with this little beauty?! Tea tree is know for it's anti-bacterial properties. It is literally a life saviour, ahem, skin saviour! I absolutely adore this item even though I haven't been using it for very long (just over a month!) I wanted to give tea tree oil at least a month before I raved about it, in case it suddenly broke me out or something, but no it hasn't and I absolutely love love love it!

I know most of you already know of this 'magic', but for any of those who don't or any of you who are looking for an alternative to toothpaste or Sudocrem(love this stuff too) tea tree oil is amazing!

This may be a bit cringy for some, but erm, about last month, I broke out real bad. I mean like worse than ever before and I believe it was because of hormones, as it was also, um 'the time of the month' for me. I literally had like "MASSIVE BOILS" (sorry to be so graphic) which were supposed to be spots on my face, Sudocrem didn't seem to be working for me at the time, so I picked this tea tree oil up and used it. I noticed the next day my spots had gone down, and after about 5 days, the "boils" were gone! It was the worst breakout of my entire life (I know I haven't been around for long, but seriously) my mum commented that the spots looked extremely painful. This tea tree oil really worked!

I apply tea tree oil to any of my spots just before I go to bed. Mine is just a small bottle with a screw cap lid, so I have to be careful when I 'pour' or drip it. I put it onto my finger (my hands are washed before I touch my face obviously) and then dab my finger onto each spot. This probably isn't the best way to put it on, but idk. Any suggestions are welcome! (If there is a better way, I probably sound like such a noob, aha..) I put this tea tree oil on after having cleansed and moisturised (normal skincare routine) then when I wake up in the morning, my spots have been noticeably reduced and less red, or even-gone! Woah! It really is that good and simple! Average sized spots tend to go after 2/3 days (for me anyways).

It definitely does have an affect on my face, some of my friends even commented on how clear my skin looked! (I was so happy, aha-silly me!)

Recently, I stopped using it because I was reaaally lazy last week/weekend, if any of you follow me on Twitter you may have noticed I have tweeted a lot about 'Skyrim' and ohmy! this is a whole different story which is completely unrelated to beauty. I only recently got the game last Wednesday and I am addicted (as you can see I have a running theme of being "slow to join the bandwagon") so I was erm, kinda up late, into the early hours of the morning and being very very very lazy with my skincare routine. So, it's kinda taken a toll on my face. Meh.. Serves me right, I guess.

But I'm just getting back into using the tea tree oil again, and it never fails to amaze me.

I'm not sure where mine is from, as my mum had bought it but I am pretty sure you can buy tea tree oil from any shop really, well like a drugstore or whatever.

For any of yous who are particularly interested, the tea tree oil I use is 'HERB GARDEN tea tree Essential Oil' It's only 10ml, but I'm not even half way through the bottle yet and I have been using it for a month. Also, btw my skin type is oily/combination and I know results vary from person to person, but even though I have oily skin, using tea tree oil was fine!

Sorry this is such a long blog post, that probably isn't very informative but I felt the need to really rave about this, aha. Have a great week! x

10 comments:

  1. Tea tree oil is really important for oily skin and I know it like a miracle product but I still haven't try before! I used a Lush product for spots but I think is not like tea tree oil! So thanks for this important post :)
    Have a good week dear
    p.s. I follow you :)

    http://lapetitetasse.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you found this useful! and thank you! xx

      Delete
  2. We love tea tree oil. Great post; very informative :-)

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love tea tree oil :) lovely post ! xoxo
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried tee tree oil but i've always wanted to. Great review!
    xx
    niviisdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, i highly recommend it! thank you :) xx

      Delete
  5. I've heard that tea tree oil is great for acne scars, i definitely want to try this!
    Thanks for the post ^_^

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think you should!-it's really good :) xx

      Delete